Translations may contain older or less detailed information than the original German page!
How to deal with this intolerance
Dietary instructions for cooks (German only):
Foodcard_HIT.pdf (31 KB, Version 26.11.2010)
Dietary instructions as a positive list:
|SIGHI positive list for gastronomy use|
|Foodcards with a short tutorial for cooks and a list of some common tolerated food ingredients.|
(100 KB, version 2017-10-28)
Smoke is a histamine liberator. Stop smoking and prefer non smoking areas [Wilhelm 2007]. ...
Stress is a histamine liberator. ...
Insomnia may be caused by histamine- and mediator-release. This simple steps can help you sleeping much better:
- Strict histamine elimination diet (no histamine liberators at all, no alcohol)
- No medicaments or food supplements with incompatible ingredients
- Medication as described in our medication guide (as prescribed by the doctor)
- Drink up to 500 mg pure ascorbic acid powder dissolved in water or herbal tea/syrup from bee balm or lemon balm (NOT lemon juice)
- Valerian helps to fall asleep, but because of its diuretic effect you will have to get up a few moments later to empty your bladder several times.
- No jogging or other physical exertion in the evening
- Listen to your inner clock: Bedtime every day at exactly the same time, as soon as you feel it's time to go to bed
- Sleep in an absolutely dark room
- Use earplugs
- No stress. No pressure. If you can (most people can't): Avoid appointments in the morning. Don't set your alarm clock. Get up when you naturally wake up and feel well-rested.
- If you can't sleep at night: Get up and do something useful or nice for a while. Then go to bed again.
Medical examinations and treatments
Contrast radiography, X-ray investigations with contrast medium
All contrast media are very strong histamine liberators. ...
Surgery, at the dentist
Risk of sudden release of mast cell mediators. Premedication is a must for those with episodes of idiopathic anaphylaxis in the past and for those with mastocytosis or MCAS. The details are described in our medication guide (currently in German only).
Guided tour: go to
therapy > purchasing tips (German)
References and bibliography
The "back"-button of your browser takes you back to the previous position.
|G||Back to the previous position|
|Gestreau||Gestreau C, Bévengut M, Dutschmann M. The dual role of the orexin/hypocretin system in modulating wakefulness and respiratory drive. CRN2M, CNRS, Department of Neurovegetative Physiology, University of Aix-Marseille (II-III), Marseille, France. Abgerufen am 27. September 2008. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed|
|W||Back to the previous position|
|Wilhelm 2007||Dr. med. Wilhelm, Thomas: "Tabakrauch ist bedeutende Histaminquelle", Deutsches Ärzteblatt 2007; 104(24). Leserbrief zum Beitrag "Die verschiedenen Gesichter der Histaminintoleranz – Konsequenzen für die Praxis" von Maintz, Bieber und Novak in Heft 51–52/2006. http://www.aerzteblatt.de/v4/archiv/artikel.asp?id=56048|